Amy L. Fracassini
Practice Focus and Experience
Amy Fracassini practices in the Business Law and the Real Estate and Environmental areas. Her practice focuses on the representation of corporate clients in connection with sales and acquisitions of businesses, debt and equity financings, private placements, real estate matters, including commercial leasing and purchase and sale agreements, and general business matters.
Prior to joining Davis Malm, Amy practiced in New Hampshire and worked as an Assistant National Bank Examiner with the Comptroller of the Currency in the New York District Office.
- Represented a manufacturer and distributor of forensic, law enforcement, and workplace substance abuse products in a
$5 million sale of assets.
- Represented a NYSE-listed company in a $12.5 million acquisition of assets of dry cleaning waste and wastewater treatment facilities located in Ohio and Illinois.
- Represented a client in a $46 million acquisition and financing of undeveloped real property in Phoenix, Arizona pursuant to an equity joint venture.
- Represented a client in a $27 million acquisition of property in Gilbert, Arizona and an $83 million acquisition and construction financing loan and a $19 million mezzanine financing.
- Represented a client in the acquisition and construction financing of a shopping plaza in Marlborough, Massachusetts and the subsequent preparation of commercial leases with nationally-based companies.
- Represented a NYSE-listed company in a $7.6 million stock purchase of California and Nevada corporations.
- Represented a client in a private equity financing and conversion of bridge loans.
- Represented a specialty pharmaceutical company in its collaborations and financing.
- Represented a technology company in its recapitalization and financing.
- Represented a client in settling a dispute over intellectual property rights.
- Represented a client in the sale of a Cambridge office building and the subsequent acquisition and financing of an office building in Florida pursuant to a Section 1031 exchange.
- Represented a client in the sale of property in a Section 1031 exchange and the purchase and financing of replacement commercial properties in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Florida.
- Represented a client in the acquisition and construction financing of property for a corporate headquarters in Massachusetts pursuant to a reverse Section 1031 exchange of property.
- Represented a client in the acquisition and two-tier financing of a
$47 million condominium conversion in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Represented a property management client in the $27 million acquisition
and two-tiered financing of a commercial office building in Cambridge,
- Represented a real estate management client in the $12 million refinancing
of its office building in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Represented a client in a corporate restructuring and merger to better
position itself for venture capital refinancing.
- Represented a client in a 1031 exchange relative to the sale of a $10.6
million office building in the metro-Boston area.
- Represented a publicly traded company in its leasing of sales offices
throughout the United States.
- Represented a property developer in the acquisition and planned development
of a $15 million property in partnership with a real estate investment
company and the financing of the same.
- Represented a client in the acquisition of a golf course in western
- Represented a client in the purchase of a commercial property in Bedford,
Massachusetts as part of a like-kind exchange and the $6.9 million financing
of the same.
- Represented a client in the subdivision of property and the simultaneous
sale of a hydro-facility.
- Represented a home decor products company in the sale of approximately
$6 million in debt and the complex restructuring of outstanding debt into
equity and the refinancing of the senior debt.
- Represented a client in the financing and workout of $84 million of
debt with properties in California, Nevada and Massachusetts.
- Distinctions: Peer Review AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest bestowed rating; Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
Admitted: Massachusetts; New Hampshire; United
States District Court for the District of New Hampshire.
Member: New Hampshire Bar Association; Boston Bar
Association; Massachusetts Bar Association; Family Firm Institute.
- Actively involved in Best Buddies, a nonprofit organization that
raises money and awareness for programs to support mentally handicapped
people in educational and work environments.
Publications and Speaking Engagements